Unfortunately it seems that the Conrona / Covid-19 Virus is fast becoming a reality in Ireland. At Onlinetradesmen we want to do our best to keep the tradesmen community and their families safe.
Despite some of the hysteria, for most healthy people the effects of the virus will be minimal. However, the virus still needs to be taken very seriously.
As a tradesmen, you can keep yourself heathly by being aware of how the virus spreads and following the advice below, especially when working onsite, travelling between jobs and taking cash payments.
The general advice from the HSE.ie to protect yourself and others from coronavirus is:
- Wash your hands properly and often
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
- Follow the travel advice from the Department of Foreign Affairs
Remember, if you are showing signs of illness such as respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties then you should:
- isolate yourself from other people - this means going into a different, well-ventilated room alone, with a phone
- phone your GP, or emergency department - if this is not possible, phone 112 or 999
- in a medical emergency (if you have severe symptoms) phone 112 or 999