The Irish Government has launched a new grant allowing the self-employed, sole traders and small business owners to reclaim up to €1000 related to business restart costs during the pandemic.
The grant will be very helpful for Trade Professionals who could not work during the lockdown and have since been preparing for the eventual drop of home improvement demand during the pandemic recession.
For savvy and reputable trade professionals who can see the ‘forest for the trees’, many have already started to focus on creating a referral base of clients as well as working to promote their businesses online.
How Can The Covid-19 Enterprise Support Grant Help Tradesmen?
The one-off government grant is eligible for a range of expenses including marketing and advertising costs. This means that tradesmen can now get assistance to help promote their businesses during the downturn, including:
- Build or improve a business website aimed to drive online referrals;
- Increase job inquiries by enhancing SEO and Google search rankings;
- Profiling services offered as well as ratings and reviews to help stand out from the competition.
“It's a no-brainer! If you are a qualified and reputable tradesman looking to grow your business, you can now get the full cost covered for up to two years with our service,” says Ted Laverty, CEO, Onlinetradesmen.
“Our service will not only provides marketing support and a steady flow of local job leads, which will be a life saver during the recession, but also enable Trade Pros to control costs with a range of discounts and savings on fuel, insurance, tools materials and more.”
Onlinetradesmen will soon be launching a Video Site Survey Tool, which will be an important addition to a member’s business tool kit during the pandemic, saving both time and money on quoting for jobs as well as offering a safe way for both the public and tradesmen to engage.
Who is Eligible For The Covid-19 Enterprise Support Grant?
The Enterprise Support Grant is available to tax and PRSI compliant self-employed individuals who:
- Have received the Covid-19 Pandemic Unemployment Payment or a Jobseekers payment and have closed their claim on or after 18th May 2020;
- Have been operating a business before March 2020;
- Have reopened their business which was closed due to COVID;
- Are not liable for commercial rates; and
- Employ fewer than 10 people & have an annual turnover of less than €1 million.
To claim back Onlinetradesmen membership, complete the COVID-19 ESG 1 application form and return it to your local Intreo Centre.